This yummy chicken burrito rice mix is a super easy one-pot meal. It really couldn’t be easier to make!
The ingredients for the recipe below will make for a good 4-6 servings. You can eat on its own or use for a burrito.
Be sure to finish it off with your favourite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole and grated cheese.
You can pick up packs of taco seasoning from most supermarkets or make your own to taste with a mix of herbs like this one.
- Diced chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Taco seasoning
- Mixed mexican beans
- Quick cook (microwave) rice
How to make tasty Chicken Burrito Rice:
- Peel and roughly dice the onion.
- Heat a little olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add in the diced chicken (or turkey), season with salt and pepper and fry until white all over.
- Add the peeled and chopped onion together with the taco seasoning and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed Mexican beans, chopped tomatoes and three tablespoons of water.
- Mix everything together and bring to a boil.
- Add in the quick cook (microwave) rice and mix together.
- Cook until the rice has adsorbed all the water and has softened – should only take a few minutes.
- Serve on its own with fresh coriander, if you have it.
- Alternatively, Spoon the mix down tortillas and top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cheese to taste.
- Roll up burrito style and enjoy!
This chicken burrito rice also makes for a super tasty lunch!