This yummy vegan & vegetarian baked potato filling goes great with sweet potatoes and is super easy to make.
The one-pan tomato sauce can also be served with pasta or an ordinary white baked potato.
The ingredients below will make enough sauce for 2-3 jacket potatoes, depending on their size. You can make the sauce in advance, store in the fridge (for up to three days) and then reheat it in the microwave to serve.
- Onion Half meidum or one small
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Mushrooms 10
- Red pepper Half
How to make vegan tomato and mushroom sweet jacket potatoes:
- Start by baking a potato: Prick with a fork and either cook in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour or in the microwave for 5-10 minutes each side.
- The filling takes about 10 minutes to make so if you’re baking you can wait a bit but if you’re using the microwave start right away.
- Slice up the mushrooms, roughly dice the pepper and peel and dice the onion.
- Place the mushrooms and onions into a pan and cook until onions are golden.
- Add in peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes more
- Season well to taste – salt, pepper, mixed herbs, etc. as you wish
- Pour in the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes before serving on top of the cut open jacket potato.