This vegetable packed bake recipe is super healthy and will give you all five of your daily portions of veg!
You can pack in all sorts of veg to this healthy Vegetarian recipe, we chose onion, mushrooms and peppers, and topped it all off with mozzarella cheese.
- Canned chopped tomatoes 1
- Mixed veg E.g. Onion, mushroom, pepper
- Oil 1 tsp
- Tomato 1
- Garlic glove 1
- Cheese optional
How to make student tomato vegetable bake
- Slice up your veg: We used peppers, onion and mushrooms. You could also use courgette and such. Quarter the tomato and mince/chop up finely the garlic.
- Once everything is ready to go, start by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- While that warms up, heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the veg, minus the tomatoes, and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender and softened.
- Add in the canned tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish and pop the quartered tomatoes on top
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- After 15-25 minutes, remove and add cheese if you want, we used mozzarella.