This Low-Carb, vegetable packed bake recipe is super healthy and will give you all five of your daily portions of veg!
You can pack in all sorts of veg to this healthy Vegetarian recipe, we chose onion, mushrooms and peppers, and topped it all off with mozzarella cheese.
The numbers below will make for two servings.
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Various vegetables E.g. mushroom, pepper, courgette
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves More or less to taste
- 1 small onion
- Cheese (optional)
- 1 chopped chilli (optional) More or less to taste
How to make easy tomato vegetable bake
- Chop up your veg: We used peppers and mushrooms. You could also use courgette and such.
- Quarter the tomato, mince/chop up finely the garlic and chop up the chilli if using.
- Once everything is ready to go, start by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- While that warms up, heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and chilli and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the veg, minus the tomatoes, and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until tender and softened.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes. Season and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish and pop the quartered tomatoes on top
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- After 15-25 minutes, remove and add cheese if you want, we used mozzarella.