These twice-baked loaded potatoes make for a simple, hearty vegetarian meal.
Turn a bland baked potato into a delicious meat-free dinner with this recipe.
Taking about an hour to prep and cook (quicker if you use a microwave), this tasty dish combines cheesy and creamy potato with an avocado, salsa and sour cream topping.
- Baking potatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Salsa To serve, optional
- Sour cream To serve, optional
How to make Vegetarian Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes:
- Place your potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with oil and salt. Prick all over with a fork
- Bake for 45 minutes at 220 degrees. Alternatively you can microwave for 5 minutes each side.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the oven and cut off the top. Scoop out the centre the potato into a bowl, leaving enough for the potato skin to hold its shape.
- Add to the potato spoonfuls of mayonnaise, handfuls of cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and chopped chives and mix well. Return the mixture to the potato skins.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel, de-stone and mash the avocado, seasoning to taste.
- Top the twice baked potatoes with the mashed avocado, salsa and sour cream as you see fit.