A creamy vegetarian chicken supreme recipe that goes great with rice or mash.
You can keep this veggie by using Quorn chicken bits or chickpeas, or use real chicken if you do prefer meat.
- 2 handfuls of veggie chicken pieces (or chickpeas as an alternative)
- Handful of sweetcorn
- Handful of chopped onion
- Handful of chopped mushrooms
- Small tub of creme fraiche 300ml
- Milk As needed
- Handful of spinach (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1tbsp oil
- Rice To serve
How to make Vegetarian chicken supreme:
- Put the oil, onion and mushrooms into a pan and lightly fry until softened.
- When the mushrooms start releasing their own liquid, add the garlic powder, Quorn chicken / chickpeas, sweetcorn and creme fraiche.
- Stir and bring to the boil, then simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes and adding milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Add the spinach just at the end and cook for another couple of minutes. Serve on top of rice.