These puff pastry bakes are filled with a creamy chicken and bacon sauce.
The delicious puff pastry slices can be enjoyed warm or you as a delicious lunch on the go.
The numbers below will make for 2-4 servings, depending on how big or small you wish to make them (see recipe for more information).
- 1 large Chicken breast
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- Handful of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Puff pastry sheet Shop brought
- Salt, pepper and and herbs to taste Dried mixed herbs, Italian seasoning, basil or thyme
- Egg or milk (for best results)
How to make chicken and bacon cream cheese puff pastry:
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 220 degrees/200 degrees fan.
- Dry fry the bacon over a medium-high heat until crispy.
- Meanwhile, dice the chicken and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of dried mixed herbs or Italian seasoning (or other seasoning you wish).
- Peel and dice the onion. If using, chop up the mushrooms.
- Once bacon is done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add in the chicken, onion and mushrooms if using.
- Fry for 10 or so minutes until chicken is no longer pink and onions and mushrooms have softened.
- Take off the heat and spoon in the cream cheese and mix it all together well. There should be enough residual heat to melt the cheese. If not, return to a low heat.
- Chop up the bacon and return to the pan with the sweetcorn (if using). Season with salt & pepper together with some dried basil or thyme; or other seasoning you prefer.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into an equal number of squares or rectangles. The number is up to you – you could cut into eight small ones or two large ones.
- Equally divide the mixture between half of the cut up pastry sheets, placing in the center with at least a centimetre gap around the outside.
- Top each rectangle with one of the remaining pieces of pastry. Use a fork to firmly seal the edges.
- Finally, beat an egg and brush it over the top of the completed chicken puff pastry parcels.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven until golden brown.