Turn a chicken breast into some a little bit more interesting with this crispy cheesy cheddar coating.
Create some delicious crispy cheesy chicken bites which can be served either alone with your favourite sauces or form part of a bigger meal.
You can use any type of breadcrumbs for this recipe – e.g. white/golden/panko – or even blend up some Ritz Crackers to use instead.
The ingredients below will make for one serving.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- Around 1 tablespoon Plain flour (optional)
- Handful of grated cheese
- Salt, pepper and other seasoning to taste See below
How to make Crispy Cheesy Chicken Bites:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Dry the chicken using a paper towel
- Cut the chicken into rough bitesize chucks.
- Break and beat one egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with grated cheese. Season the breadcrumbs to taste with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Optionally add some paprika and garlic powder.
- For best results, coat each of the chicken pieces in some plain flour. This step can be skipped if you don’t have any flour to hand.
- Dip the chicken pieces first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture. Gently shake off any excess at each step.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces onto a sheet of baking paper on a tray.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until coating is lightly browned and chicken is thoroughly cooked.