These chicken & bean enchiladas make for the perfect midweek meal.
This is a tasty dinner which makes use of a handful of basic ingredients and will take around 30-45 minutes.
The numbers below will make for two servings.
- 1 carton or jar of passata (500g) Or a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained Could swap for black beans or other beans
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- Little oil for frying
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- Chilli powder or paste (optional, amount to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ketch up or BBQ sauce (optional)
- Salt & pepper (amount to taste)
- 2 large tortillas
- Grated cheee (optional)
How to make super simple Chicken & Bean Enchiladas
- In a pan fry the peeled & chopped onion in a splash of oil for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Optionally add around 1/2 teaspoon (add more/less depending how spicy you want it) of the chilli powder or paste and stir through for a minute.
- Add in the chicken and fry for 5-10 minutes until just cooked through
- Add passata (or chopped tomatoes) together with the beans.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. You can optionally add in a squeeze of ketchup or BBQ sauce.
- Mix well and allow to simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish, split the majority of the mixture between two tortilla wraps and fold up.
- Pour over any remaining sauce on top.
- Optionally sprinkle over some grated cheese.
- Bake at 200 degrees/180 degrees fan for 15 minutes.