Cook up dinner this week with this recipe for Ginger Chicken and Chinese Potatoes.
The numbers below will make for the single serving and take around 20-30 minutes to cook up.
- Vegetable/ Cooking Oil
- 1 small potato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger Or good pinch of ground ginger
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce Could swap for oyster sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
How to cook Easy Ginger Chicken and Chinese Potatoes:
- Dice the potatoes into small squares. Peel or not, it’s up to you.
- Boil in a pan of water for 5 minutes until just beginning to soften. Drain and pat try in paper towel.
- Slice up Garlic and ginger into very thin slices
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a high heat and fry the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. If you don’t don’t have fresh ginger, swap for a good pinch of ground ginger.
- Add the potatoes and fry them until beginning to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, slice up the chicken and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and fry for a few minutes until coloured all over.
- Add the water, hoisin sauce and soy sauce and stir fry on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked through (about 5 minutes).