Turn pasta into a delicious chicken salad with a handful of ingredients.
You can use any pasta you like for this delicious spicy mayo pasta salad recipe.
The recipe below will make for a single serving and is easy to customise depending on what ingredients you have in the fridge: Peppers, sweetcorn, red onion, carrots, celery, cucumber and tomatoes all work great!
- Around 60g pasta
- 1 Chicken breast Or left over/ready cooked chicken
- Fresh vegetables Peppers, sweetcorn, red onion, carrots, celery, cucumber and/or tomatoes
- Chilli powder
- Garlic powder
How to make a simple spicy chicken mayo pasta salad:
- If you don’t have any left over chicken to hand, lightly season a small chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon of paprika and garlic powder, plus a little salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees or until cooked through fully. Allow to cool.
- Cook the pasta as usual over the hob per pack instructions, drain and pour with cold water to stop cooking and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop up whatever vegetables you’re using. We used pepper, red onion and sweetcorn but you could also use carrots, celery, cucumber, tomatoes etc.
- Add them all to a big bowl together with the cooled pasta.
- Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise or more to your taste..
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon of each paprika and garlic powder and a pinch teaspoon of chilli powder. Adjust seasoning to taste. Not a fan of spice? Just season with a little salt and pepper!
- Finally, add in the chicken and mix it all together, then serve.