This one-pan roasted chicken and root vegetables recipe is nearly impossible to mess up.
Combine juicy chicken thighs with root veggies for this satisfying dish.
Taking less than an hour to cook, this makes for a simple alternative to a full Sunday roast dinner.
Requiring just the one roasting pan, even washing up is made easy.
- Chicken thighs Skin on
- Butternut squash
- Red onion
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs To season
How to make One Tray Roast Chicken and Vegetables:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees fan/200 degrees.
- Prep the veg by peeling and cutting into rough chunks.
- On a big baking tray or dish, add the chicken, parsnips and carrots. Drizzle with oil and season with the herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Give everything a good mix and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and add the squash and onion. Mix everything in the juices and place the thighs on top, skin side up to get crispy.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through and veggies are tender. Baste every ten minutes or so to keep the chicken moist.