Here’s how to make the perfect baked potatoes in the microwave in less than 10 minutes.
Here’s how to get your baked potato fix without waiting an hour for the oven.
Once cooked, enjoy with some seasoning and butter or easy toppings – cool tuna & mayo, coleslaw, beans and/or cheese none.
You can also use sweet potatoes.
- Potato Could also use Sweet potato
- Salt and pepper + Other seasoning to taste
- A little butter
- Any toppings Tuna, beans, cheese, etc.
How to make microwave baked jacket potatoes:
- Wash the sweet potato and pat dry well with a paper towel.
- Use a fork to poke a handful of holes around the potato
- Microwave the potato for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Use a knife to see if the potato is soft throughout; if not continue cooking for 30 seconds each side until it is.
- Allow potato to rest for a few minutes before cutting open.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with a knob of butter and/or your favourite toppings.
- Easy oven-free toppings can include tuna & mayo, coleslaw, beans and/or cheese.
- Pizza baked jacket potato: Top with pizza or pasta sauce, pepperoni and grated cheese and return to the microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese has melted.