These stuffed roasted peppers make for a delicious easy low-carb dinner.
This simple recipe requires just basic ingredients and will serve two in less than an hour.
Enjoy on their own or with a side of your favourite greens or perhaps some cauliflower rice.
- 2 red peppers
- Around 200-250g mince Beef or Turkey
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 stock cube Chicken or beef, to match the mince.
- Seasoning Salt, pepper, mixed herbs, cumin, paprika, etc.
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Grated cheese (optional)
How to make Low-Carb Roasted Stuffed Peppers:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees for fan ovens.
- Half the peppers and remove all the seeds.
- Either rub with a little olive oil or spray with some cooking spray. Season and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat around 1 tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the mince and cook until browned all over (around 5 minutes).
- Add in the onions and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube. Stir everything together.
- Additionally season to taste – e.g. salt & pepper; a little cumin, paprika and/or chilli powder; or some dried or fresh herbs (e.g. oregano).
- Cook through for 10 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the mince mix and optionally top with a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.