An acquired taste, this cola chicken puts a spin on a bog standard chicken breast.
You can make this recipe with any cut of chicken: Wings, drumsticks, thighs or breasts will all work.
Serve either alone or with some fluffy rice.
- Chicken Any cuts will work!
- Can of Coca Cola
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Approx 1 tablespoon per breast
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic or a 2 teaspoons of easy/lazy garlic
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper To taste
How to make Coca Cola Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the cola, crushed garlic, ketchup and soy sauce and stir well.
- Grab a frying pan and put it over a high heat with a splash of oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. We used sliced chicken breast.
- Put in the chicken and cook until lightly golden all over – around 5 or so minutes.
- Pour over the cola mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for between 20-30 minutes, ideally covered, turning the chicken frequently.
- Once the liquid has almost gone and chicken has a sticky glaze, remove from the heat
- Tuck in and hope you like it!