Try this ultra simple chicken dish which will add some spice to your meals!
You can make up a simple cajun seasoning mix using the recipe below or cheat with a ready made packet mix.
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasonjing See below 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper To taste
How to make Fried Cajun Chicken Breasts:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the cajun seasoning, you can buy a packet or pot or – for two large chicken breasts – mix together 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp thyme, and add red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper and then brush over the oil.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the spice mixture.
- Heat a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken either side for 5 minutes or so until crispy on the outside
- Transfer to the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Exact cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breast.
- Alternatively, you can cook them on the BBQ – if the weather allows…
- Enjoy either on their own, as part of a meal or in a burger!