Here’s an easy Sunday roast chicken recipe for students: Cheap and simple and perfect for the end of the weekend.
- Whole chicken
- Onion Quartered 1
- Garlic cloves 4
- Oil 3 tbsps
- OXO roast chicken seasoning
- Potatoes 4
- Carrots 4
- Mixed Green Veg broccoli, peas, etc.
How to make a student roast chicken dinner:
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning then place in a roasting dish along with the onions and garlic.
- Start by cooking the chicken for 90 minutes to 2 hours at 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into large chunks (peeling optional) and boil in a pot with the carrots for 8 minutes until tender.
- Drain the water and then add them to the chicken dish in the oven and continue to leave that to cook.
- Make up some ready to eat stuffing if you like per pack instructions.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and set aside for 10 minutes to rest but place the veg back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, cook an extra green veg (peas, broccoli, etc) you like per pack instructions.
- Make up some gravy, from a pack or cube if you want, put it all together and tuck in!
Original recipe by Woman’s Weekly/REX