You’ll be surprised what you can cook in the microwave, such as these 15-minute Mexican chicken fajitas.
This one-dish meal is quick and easy, plus there’s barely any clean up required.
Just make sure that the chicken is fully cooked as microwave ovens vary quite a bit.
The ingredients below will make enough filling for 2 fajitas.
- Chicken breast strips
- Half an onion
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Fajita seasoning
- Tortilla wraps, sour cream, salsa, etc to serve
How to make microwave chicken fajitas
- Slice up the peppers and place in a bowl.
- Peel and slice up half an onion and add that too.
- Add a sprinkling of fajita seasoning and mix well
- Slice up the chicken breast into thin strips (if not already) and add to the bowl.
- Add some more seasoning and mix well again.
- Cover securely and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, give everything a mix.
- After 10 minutes, cut a chicken bit in half and ensure that it’s fully cooked, that juices run clear and there is no pink. Continue cooking at 1 minute intervals if not fully cooked.
- Serve the mix with tortillas and sides such as salsa, sour cream and grated cheese.