Pasta is a student staple and so combining with bacon is a no-brainer: Here’s one of the best recipes.
This tasty pasta dish with bacon, garlic and mushroom is definitely one to master.
You’re looking at about 30 minutes cooking time for the below recipe which will make for a single good servings.
Just increase the ingredients to fill more mouths!
- 75g Pasta
- Handful of mushrooms
- Two slices bacon
- Clove of garlic
- 125ml chicken stock
- Grated cheese Optional
How to make a Bacon, Garlic And Mushroom Pasta:
- Cook the pasta per pack instructions in boiling water then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut up and fry the bacon rashers over a medium heat until browned. Add in the garlic for a few minutes and stir.
- Slice the mushrooms and add those to the bacon, stirring until softened.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring to the boil before simmering for 3 minutes until reduced
- Now add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir everything together.
- Simmer the mixture until the sauce has reduced further, leaving you to simply serve up.
- Optionally finish the dish off once plated with grated parmesan cheese.