This simple student recipe makes a great alternative to the classic lasanga dish and it’s super easy to make.
It’s a great cheap recipe and a top one that you can use to avoid wasting left over food like cooked chicken and veg.
- Chicken breast
- White lasagna sauce
- Lasagne pasta sheets
- Stock cube
How to make chicken and broccoli lasagna:
- Cook the chicken in the oven per pack instructions. Alternatively you can use ready cooked or leftover cooked chicken.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, chop up broccoli into rough chunks.
- Place broccoli in a small amount of water and boil in a saucepan until softened.
- OPTIONAL: Take a large saucepan and boil lasagna sheets until soft. Be careful not to let the sheets stick together by only boiling them a few at a time, It does not take very long for them to boil. Pre-boiling the sheets isn’t always essential, check the pack instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked shred it by pulling it with a fork.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml of hot water in a pan
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the stock and mix them. You could add some other veg here like sweetcorn if you like.
- Now lay pasta sheets in a lasagna dish.
- Top this with a half of the chicken and broccoli mix then more pasta sheets.
- Finish with a final layer of white lasanga sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Finally bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees and serve up