Combine chicken fajitas with pasta for a delicious and easy 30 minute meal.
You can use a ready-made packet of fajita or taco seasoning in this recipe, or create your own home made seasoning with the instructions below.
This will serve around 4 people.
- 300g pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 peppers (any colour), deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 500g passata Could swap for chopped tomatoes
- Fajita Seasoning From a packet or see recipe below
- Handfuls of grated cheese
- Olive oil
How to make enchilada pasta bake
- Slice up the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and add to a big bowl.
- Peel and dice up the onion. Deseed and dice up the peppers. Add to the chicken.
- You could also add chopped courgette and mushrooms
- Coat the chicken and vegetables in a teaspoon of oil (or use a few sprays of cooking spray).
- Season! You can cheat and use a ready-made fajita spice mix or season yourself with (adjust to taste): 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper. You could optionally add some chilli powder or chilli flakes to taste for an extra kick.
- In a large frying pan, cook the chicken, peppers and onions for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is coloured all over.
- Add in the passata and allow to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through
- In the meantime, boil the pasta in salted water per pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/180 degree fan.
- Take the fajita mix off the heat and stir in a handful of grated cheese until melted.
- Combine with the pasta and pour into a baking dish.
- Top with another handful of grated cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted and turned golden.