Spruce up boring pasta with this dish: Chicken pesto pasta with roasted tomatoes.
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen is cheaper)
- Dried pasta (value is 30p in tesco)
- Small jar of pesto
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Sprinkling of Parmesan (optional/cheddar is cheaper)
How to make chicken pesto pasta with roasted tomatoes:
- Dice the chicken and fry in a little oil until cooked and golden brown. Meanwhile, put the pasta on to boil.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Then pop them in the oven on a tray at Gas Mark 6.
- Take the chicken off the heat once cooked and strain the cooked pasta. Combine the chicken with the pasta.
- Add a whole small jar of pesto (or less depending on your tastes).
- Place back on the hob on a low heat just to warm it through. Stir everything together.
- Add a teaspoon of garlic powder if the pesto isn’t “punchy” enough for you. Stir through.
- Remove the roasted cherry tomatoes from the oven and gently tease off the tray.
- Serve up the pasta on a plate and pop the tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan and voila! (A little drizzle of olive oil makes it slightly more fancy if you want!)