A twist on the classic Carbonara with spicy Chorizo makes for an easy pasta dish.
- Pasta 2 big handfuls
- Parma ham
- 1 egg
- 50 ml of double cream
- 80g of grated cheddar cheese or parmesan
- A drizzle of olive oil (1 tea spoon)
- A pinch of salt
How to make Chorizo Pasta Carbonara:
- Fill a saucepan about halfway and toss in the pinch of salt. Bring to the boil.
- While this is boiling, chop the chorizo and fry the slices on a medium high heat in the drizzle of olive oil in the frying pan. Once cooked, set aside.
- To make the carbonara sauce, whisk the egg in a bowl with a fork and then pour in the double cream and most of the grated cheese. Whisk it until it is nicely blended.
- By now the water should be boiled so pour in the handfuls of pasta and cook for around seven minutes. Stir it every now and then with a fork and taste towards the end of cooking to see when it is just right.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the saucepan using a colander and then put the pasta back into the saucepan. Place the chorizo into the saucepan with the pasta and then the carbonara sauce.
- Stir in a few times to blend nicely.
- Serve up onto a plate or into a bowl and add the parma ham and the rest of the cheese.
- It’s ready to eat!