This easy student recipe combines two student staples: Pizza and pastabake!
Combine tomato pasta with pineapple, ham and mushrooms for a super tasty baked pasta meal that will serve 4-6.
Although we’ve made a Hawaiian version, you can of course change the filling to mach whatever toppings are on your favourite pizza.
- Pineapple Minus juice
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pizza sauce Optional
- Grated cheese
How to make Hawaiian pizza pasta bake:
- Start by chopping up all the veg into rough chunks
- In a pan, heat a little olive oil over a medium-high heat and soften the onions and peppers (a few minutes)
- Add in the mushrooms, ham, pineapple (drained) or whatever other toppings you are using.
- Add in both the pizza topper and tinned chopped tomatoes. You could add more tomatoes if you can’t get the pizza topper, or alternatively use a tomato pasta sauce.
- Mix everything together and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- While that cooks, cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water per the pack instructions and then drain.
- In a baking dish, combine the cooked pasta and tomato pizza mix and stir together.
- Top with grated cheese and finish off in the oven at 200 degrees/180 degrees fan for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a nice side salad!