This easy pasta dish makes for a delicious 30 minute meal.
The ingredients and recipe below will make for two good servings.
- 2 Burgers
- Around 150g pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree Could swap with ketchup if its all you have
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (Optional) Can leave out if you wish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder More or less to taste
- Grated cheese
- Fresh parsley (Optional) To serve
How to make Lazy Cheeseburger Pasta:
- Cook the burgers in the oven or under the grill per pack instructions.
- Similarly, cook the pasta per pack instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the chopped onions in a splash of oil.
- Once the onions begin to soften and colour, add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in the tomato purée.
- Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sugar. You could also add a teaspoon of paprika, a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of mustard powder (or teaspoon of mustard).
- Mix and allow to cook gently for around 10 minutes
- Pat down the cooked burgers with a kitchen towel to remove any grease and cut or tear into roughly bite size pieces.
- In one pot, combine the tomato mixture, burgers and pasta.
- Remove from the heat and stir through handfuls of grated cheese until melted.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.