A super delicious student recipe: Try making this yummy Meatball Pasta Bake for your housemates!
Makes 4 HUGE portions. Best served with garlic bread.
You can use any mince in this recipe with turkey being an healthier option whereas a pork and beef mix being a cheaper one. You can also use ready-made meatballs to make the whole recipe a lot easier and quicker.
- Mince 600 g
- Easy garlic or 2 Garlic Cloves 1 tsp
- Tomato puree 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs (Optional)
- 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
- A packet of Pasta
- Some grated cheese
How to make a Meatball Pasta Bake:
- Put the packet of past on to cook (10-12 minutes)
- If baking your own meat balls, mix mince, half an onion, tomato puree, mixed herbs and salt and pepper in a bowl with your hands. Shape it into about 20 little balls.
- Cook the balls in a hot frying pan, should take about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and garlic. If the sauce looks too thick for you add 50ml of boiling water to the pan.
- Let the sauce & Meatball mixture boil, then turn down to simmer for five minutes.
- Drain the pasta.
- Pour the pasta in a deep baking dish, and pour the meatballs and sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle cheese on to the mixture. The more the better.
- Stick it in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is golden.