This delicious roasted vegetable pasta with pesto makes for a delicious easy vegan dinner.
You can use this recipe to take advantage of whatever vegetables you have to hand such as onions, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, leek, squash or carrots.
The recipe below will make for four good servings.
- 300g pasta
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 2 peppers
- Handful of Mushrooms
- 2 cloves, garlic
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 Jar (190g) basil pesto Ensure it's vegan!
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Roasted Vegetable Pasta:
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees / 200 degrees (fan).
- Peel and roughly dice up the red onion.
- Slice the courgette into half-moons.
- De-seed and roughly chop up the pepper and chop the mushrooms.
- Chop up any other veg you wish to use (e.g. Brussels sprouts, leek, carrots).
- Add all the vegetables to a big baking tray.
- Drizzle everything with oil, toss to coat.
- Add the chopped garlic, season with salt & pepper and give everything a good mix with your hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and add the cherry tomatoes, halved. Bake for a further 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Put the pasta on and cook per instructions. Drain.
- Combine the pasta with the pesto and roasted vegetables.