Here’s a quick and tasty homemade veggie pasta sauce recipe that you can cook alongside your pasta.
While a jar of pasta sauce from the supermarkets can set you back more than £1, this will cost little more than 30 pence – a bargain!
- Yellow pepper 1
- Onion 1
- Mushrooms 3
- Choped tomatoes
- Pasta 150 g
- Seasoning oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste
How to make a veggie pasta sauce:
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water in a saucepan per pack instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, chop the mushrooms, peel and dice the onion and de-seed and roughly chop up the pepper.
- In a frying pan in a little oil, fry the onions until soft over a medium-high heat.
- Once onions have softened (about 5 minutes), add in the peppers and mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, mix well and bring to the boil
- Season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the now cooked pasta
- Mix in with, or add on top the sauce to the cooked pasta.
- You could also serve this with toast or jacket potatoes.