Here’s how to make a simple but perfect homemade tomato pasta sauce with a super quick and easy student recipe.
With makers of ready made pasta sauces suggesting limiting eating their products due to high salt, sugar or fat content, making your own healthier versions has never been a better idea.
Oh, and you’ll find them much cheaper too!
Here’s our very basic tomato pasta sauce recipe, which you can eat straight away or store in the fridge for later. It’ll last for a good few days to a week.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Mixed dried herbs Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme
- Tomato puree
Simple pasta sauce student recipe
- In a frying heat a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Gently fry chopped onion and garlic for a minute or two.
- You can add lots of other veg if you want, such as sliced mushrooms, chopped peppers or courgette, etc. or just leave it really simple.
- And in a tablespoon of tomato puree.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season with salt, pepper and about a teaspoon of mixed dried herbs to taste. Dried herbs consist of basil, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Simmer for 20 or so minutes and then it’s ready!
- For a spicy sauce, why not try adding some chilli flakes or cayenne pepper?