This spicy chicken and veg pasta dish is an awesome 15 minute meal that’s easy to cook.
We used red pepper, courgette and onions, for our dish although you can use pretty much any veg you wish or have leftover (e.g. mushrooms).
As for the spiciness, if you’re really not too keen on it being too hot just stick with the natural spices from the chorizo, but if you want to heat things up, stir in some peri peri or hot sauce to taste.
The ingredients below will make for two good servings and take around 30 minutes.
- Around 150g Pasta
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- Around 50g Chorizo, chopped Could replace with pepperoni or cooked sausage
- 1 carton tomato passata Can also use a tin of chopped tomatoes
- Peri peri Or other spicy sauce
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped Or any left over veg - e.g. mushrooms, onions, etc.
- Grated cheese Optional
How to make easy spicy chicken pasta:
- Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and fry the chicken and chopped chorizo until the chicken is golden all over and chorizo has started to release its oils.
- Meanwhile boil some water in a saucepan and put the pasta in to cook per pack instructions.
- Chop up and prepare the veg – peppers, onions and courgette – and add to the frying pan with the garlic. Cook until veg starts to soften, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the passata (can also used chopped tin tomatoes) to the frying pan. Add peri peri sauce according to your taste and mix everything together. Additionally season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked through, combine the pasta and spicy chicken mix.
- (Optional- add cheese to the top and put under the grill to melt)