A tasty healthy and vegetarian student pasta meal, with spinach, mushrooms and cream cheese.
For four people you’ll need…
- Pasta 300 g
- Olive oil 2 tbsps
- Sliced mushrooms 250 g
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock 275 ml
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese 6 tbsps
- Spinach 200 g
How to make Spinach and mushroom pasta :
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of slightly salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta when cooked, keeping 175ml of the water in a bowl to the side.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat and cook the sliced mushrooms for about 8 minutes, stiring frequently until almost crisp.
- Stir in the stock, oregano and lemon juice and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the sauce is about half reduced.
- Stir in the cream cheese and spinach and cook on a medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the water you reserved from the cooked pasta, then stir well and season.
- Heat gently before serving with the pasta and enjoy!