This veggie packed vegetarian pasta bake makes for a brilliant student meal.
You can use all sorts of veg in this dish but we’ve chosen red pepper, mushrooms and courgette, as well as sweetcorn.
We’ve mixed them with Italian passata (although tinned tomatoes will work fine) as well as some cream cheese (optional), topped up with some grated cheddar and sliced tomatoes.
The ingredients below will make a pasta bake that’ll give six good sized servings.
- Pasta 300 g
- Tinned tomatoes or passata 500 g
- Mushrooms Handful
- Courgette 1
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Grated cheese
- Cream cheese Optional 2 tbsps
- Tomato 1
- Onion 1
- Pepper 1
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
How to make our student vegetarian pasta bake:
- Start by dicing up all the fresh veg (minus sweetcorn and tomatoes) you’re using
- Bung it all in a big dish, drizzle with the olive oil and cook for 10 minutes at 200 degrees/180 degrees for fan ovens
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per pack instructions
- Remove the veg from the oven and add in the pasta, sweetcorn, passata or tinned tomatoes and cream cheese, if using.
- Mix well
- Top with a handful of grated cheese and sliced tomato
- Bake for a further 15 minutes until cheese has fully melted