This scrummy bacon pasta recipe tastes gorgeous with mushrooms, peppers and onions mixed with honey and paprika
With quick cook pasta, this recipe can be knocked out in just 10 minutes so makes for a great student snack or full meal.
The ingredients below will make for a good serving for one.
- Bacon Can also use chicken or turkey 2 slices
- Half a small onion
- Half a red pepper
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
How to make sweet and smokey honey bacon Pasta:
- This is a quick cook meal so you’ll want to prepare everything before hand: Slice up the mushrooms and dice the pepper and peel and dice the onion
- You can use either bacon for this pasta recipe or chicken or turkey, so long as it’s able to be pan-fried (e.g. Stir fry strips).
- Over the hob, cook the pasta in boiling water per pack instructions.
- In a teaspoon of oil, fry the onion, pepper, mushrooms and bacon (or other meat). If you can, cook it altogether for speed but if you’ve not got a big enough pan you’ll have to cook some parts separately. Alternatively, you could cook the bacon under the grill.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and return it to the saucepot, add in the veg and crumble/cut up the bacon into the mix. Stir well.
- Add in the honey and paprika and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy.