An easy, tummy filling student recipe: Sausage and tomato pasta that’s packed full of three vegetable portions.
The ingredients list will make for two good portions.
- Pasta 75g-100g per person 75 g
- Sausages 2 per person 2
- Tinned chopped tomatoes 1 tin = two people
- Peas and sweetcorn Frozen or fresh/tinned
- Beef stock cube Optional
- Oil 1 tbsp
How to make Tomato Sausage Pasta:
- Cook up some pasta or spaghetti and drain per pack instructions.
- Cut up the sausages and cook in the oil in a frying pan for 5-10 minutes until browned all over.
- Peel and cut up the onion and add to the sausages.
- If using frozen veg, add them to the sausages and onion to defrost, else leave them aside for now.
- Meanwhile, pour the tinned tomatoes into a sauce pot over a medium heat.
- Add in the sausage and onion, together with the peas and sweetcorn (if using fresh).
- Add in stock cube, if using, plus seasoning and stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon onto pasta to serve.