Whip up a batch of homemade Macaroni Cheese (with optional Bacon) with this super easy student recipe.
Mac n Cheese is a classic student meal and this recipe is awesome for a tasty student food, plus it’ll only take 10 minutes from start to finish.
It’s also a great and simple recipe for THOSE Food DT/Food technology projects.
- Macaroni pasta Two good handfuls
- Milk 100 ml
- Flour 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Grated cheese One good handful 60 g
How to make Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon:
- Heat some water in a pan over a moderate heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon if using as you wish (pan, grill, microwave) and then cut up into bits, set aside.
- Add the macaroni pasta and to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and keep aside.
- Return the saucepan to the hob and reduce to a medium heat.
- Add in the butter and allow to melt. Add in the the flour and stir.
- Pour in the milk a bit at the time, stirring continuously.
- Add in the cheese and allow it to melt, stirring everything together. Season and add more ingredients to taste.
More cheese: Cheesier flavour (obvs)
More flour: Thicker sauce
More milk: Thinner sauce
More butter: Creamier sauce
- Stir in the bacon
- Return the macaroni to the pot with the sauce and stir through before serving.