A tasty spicy vegetable fajita pasta recipe that makes for a simple vegetarian and vegan dinner.
You can use a ready-made packet of fajita or taco seasoning in this recipe, or create your own home made seasoning with the instructions below.
These numbers will make for four good servings and take around 30 minutes.
- 300g pasta
- 3 peppers
- 2 big handfuls of mushrooms
- 1 large courgette
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 carton of passata (around 500g) Could use chopped tomatoes
- Fajita Seasoning From a packet or see recipe below
- Olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (optional)
How to make vegan vegetable fajita pasta:
- If making your own seasoning, in a bowl combine 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Adjust the amounts to taste.
- Peel and slice up the onions and deseed and slice up the peppers. Chop up the mushrooms and courgette.
- In a bowl, drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and coat with the seasoning.
- Add in the vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Stir through a tablespoon of tomato purée for a minute.
- Add in the tomato passata or chopped tomatoes.
- Optionally stir in the vegan cream cheese until melted.
- Allow to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per pack instructions.
- When it’s all cooked, drain the pasta and stir into the vegetables and sauce.