An unusual toastie recipe: Mix fresh pear with cheese inbetween two slices of thick bread!
I know this recipe sounds weird, but trust me it is really good… like an apple pie (kind of). And easily another one of your five a day!
- Bread 2 slices
- Grated cheese
How to make Pear and Cheese Toastie
- Wash and slice the pear into 5mm thick slices (or as thick as you like)
- Cut cheese into small chunks or slices (so that it melts quicker)
- Layer ingredients in this order: bread, cheese, pear, cheese, bread (this helps stop bread getting soggy from the pear’s juice)
- Put the stack into a toastie machine (or an oven if you don’t have one)
- Ready when nicely toasted on the outside!