This simple tuna and cheese Melt will take you no more than 10 minutes.
Combine creamy tuna with layers of cheese for a light lunch or quick snack.
The ingredients below will make for two servings. If you’re not that hungry, you can keep the tuna mix in the fridge for up to three days until ready to use.
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion Could swap for sweetcorn, spring onions or celery
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Mayonnaise Could swap for salad cream or similar
How to make an easy Tuna and Cheese Melt:
- Mix the tuna, red onion and the mayo with a fork in a bowl. You can also add or substitute the red onions with sweetcorn, chopped spring onions or sliced celery.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep the tuna mix in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to make, lightly toast the bread either using a toaster or under the grill for a few minutes (don’t let it burn!).
- Slice the tomato and grate the cheese.
- Take the toast, layer on the tuna mix, followed by the sliced tomato and then the cheese
- Grill on a medium heat for a few minutes until cheese has melted. You can also bake in the oven at 180 degrees.