This delicious Cheesy Broccoli Stuffing Gratin recipe makes for a perfect side dish.
With just a handful of ingredients, this will take around 45 minutes to cook and serve 6-8. Enjoy with a Sunday Roast!
- 1 head of broccoli or pack of frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- Two handfuls of grated cheese
- 1 packet of stuffing mix Or fresh stuffing
- A little salt
How to make an easy Cheesy Broccoli Stuffing Gratin:
- Roughly chop up the broccoli (if using fresh).
- Add the broccoli to a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. If cooking from frozen allow 5 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a baking dish.
- Wipe the now empty saucepan with a kitchen towel and return over a low heat.
- Add the flour and butter and mix until a dark golden paste forms.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, continuing to whisk.
- Whisk for a further 2 minutes as the sauce bubbles.
- Add in handfuls of grated cheese and stir until melted into the sauce.
- Pour over the the broccoli.
- If using a packet mix, make up the stuffing per pack instructions. Sprinkle over the top of the broccoli and sauce.
- Bake at 200 degrees / 180 degrees for fan ovens for 35 minutes.