This homemade garlic bread/toast couldn’t be any easier.
You need just a handful of ingredients for this home made garlic bread & toast recipe.
The numbers below are based on 4 slices of sourdough bread, adjust upwards to suit how much you’re making.
- 4 slices of bread Something like ciabatta or sourdough is best
- 1 big tablespoon of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, chopped/minced (or more/less to taste) Or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional) Could swap for oregano
- Grated parmesan (optional) Or other grated cheese
How to make easy home-made garlic bread:
- Toast one side of your bread under the the grill for a couple of minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, garlic and herbs in a bowl. Feel free to add more/less garlic to taste.
- Spread over the other side of bread and optionally sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to the grill to toast the other side until golden or as crispy as you like it.