Ditch the standard chips with these easy to make hot and spicy crispy sweet potato fries
You can easily make these in advance and freeze them to oven cook when you’re hungry.
- Sweet potato
- Chilli powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
How to make hot and spicy crispy sweet potato fries:
- Peel and slice the potato into thin strips
- Place the fries in a sandwich bag (or bowl) and drizzle with olive oil. Shake well/toss to coat.
- Add spices, plus salt: Per sweet potato use approximately 1 teaspoon of paprika and half a teaspoon of chilli powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Shake the bag again to give the fries a good even coating.
- Spread out on a greased baking tray and bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes (25 minutes if cooking from frozen). Rotate the tray half way through.
- Optionally sprinkle with extra salt and cayenne pepper to serve.