A very simple student treat: French toast (aka eggy bread) in a easy to follow five minute recipe.
- Bread Slices 1 slice
- Eggs 1 for every two slices of bread 1
- Splash of milk About a tablespoon per egg
- Butter 1 tsp
- Honey Optional 1 tbsp
How to make French toast / Eggy bread:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the splash of milk.
- Optional: Add a bit of honey, around a tablespoon per egg used.
- Mix well with a fork or whisk until well combined
- Cut the slices of bread in half and soak both sides in the egg mixture
- Melt the butter in the frying pan over a high heat and fry the bread for a few minutes either side until golden brown