A very simple student eat: French toast (aka eggy bread) in a easy to follow recipe.
This takes just five minutes – serve with your choice of tomato or brown sauce.
- Bread Sliced
- Eggs 1 for every two slices of bread
- Splash of milk About a tablespoon per egg
- Honey Optional
- Salt & Pepper
How to make French toast / Eggy bread:
- Crack the egg into a bowl and add the splash of milk. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Optional: Add a bit of honey, around a teaspoon per egg used.
- Mix well with a fork or whisk until well combined
- Soak both sides in the egg mixture
- Melt the butter in the frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bread for a few minutes either side until golden brown