These spiced sweet potato fries are a delicious dish that can act either as a side to main meal or as a tasty snack on their own.
As a rough guide, one sweet potato will provide for around two servings.
If you’re not a fan of spice, season with some dried mixed herbs instead.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 teapoon Paprika
- 1 teapoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
How to make Spicy sweet potato wedges:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220/200 degrees fan.
- Cut the potato length ways into half-centimetre slices. Skin on or off, it’s your choice.
- Lay each slice flat and cut again into thin fries.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease with a little oil/cooking spray.
- Add the fries to the tray, drizzle with the oil and add over the spices but not the salt. You can adjust the spices to taste. Not a fan of spice? Try seasoning with dried mixed herbs instead!
- Shake the tray to make sure all the chips are coated, then separate them out into a single layer as best you can so they aren’t touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them around half way through.
- Season with the salt to serve.