Spicy patatas bravas: A tasty Spanish dish that can be served either on its own or as part of a bigger meal.
The best thing about these delicious spicy potatoes is their aroma. Once you start cooking these up, your housemates (and the compliments) will come flocking!
It’s also a really cheap recipe and can be made with little more than a few potatoes and some store cupboard staples.
Serve as a side dish or add sliced chorizo to make a full meal.
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes, cut into 2cm x 2cm chunks
- 1 clove of garlic
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 small tin of tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make Spicy patatas bravas:
- Start by par-boiling the potatoes until they’re almost cooked through. This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, dice the tomatoes and finely chop or crush the garlic clove.
- Drain the potatoes and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Gently fry the potatoes until they’re starting to look golden and crisp.
- At this point, add the garlic, tomatoes and chilli flakes and cook until the tomatoes are starting to soften and break up (around 10 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper and tuck in!