Make your own McDonalds (or generic fast food) style fries/chips with this home made takeaway style chip recipe and how to.
How to make your own McDonalds fries
- Scrub the potoatoes clean!
- Peel (you may choose not to do this if you prefer)
- Cut into very narrow and thin chips.
- Boil the chips in a pan for a couple of minutes before draining and drying.
- You can then refrigerate them here for later or use them straight away.
- Assuming you don’t have a deep fat fryer, fill a small frying pan with sunflower oil about a half a centimetre deep over a high heat.
- Once hot, add in a handful of chips. Beware of the hot oil spitting.
- Move the chips around the oil and allow to cook for a few minutes (should take no more than five) or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chips with a slotted spoon, fork or spatula (so as to leave the oil) and dry on a paper towel.
- Repeat with more handfuls of chips until you’ve cooked as many as you want!
- Season with salt to serve.