Chocolate cornflake cakes are a classic even if you’re not a young kid anymore: Here’s the ULTIMATE chocolate flake cup cakes how to!
- Corn flakes
- Golden syrup Could use honey 1 tsp
- Glacé Cherries
How to make chocolate cornflake cakes:
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second blasts. Stir well after 30 seconds until melted (should only take a minute in most microwaves)
- Add in cornflakes about a handful at a time until coated, continue adding cornflakes until all chocolate has been used up to coat them.
- Add in a teaspoon of golden syrup and mix together.
- Fold in the cherries.
- EITHER: Spoon into cup cake cases or pour the whole mixture into a tin or tray (or even onto a plate).
- Place in the fridge and leave to set, for about 20-30 minutes.
- If you’ve made a the tray version, cut/break up into smaller pieces once set!