A warm treat this winner: Make your own spicy parsnip soup at home with this easy recipe!
This delicious vegetarian meal is simple to make and will serve four.
- Butter 25 g
- Large Onion 1
- Garlic 1 tsp
- Semi-Skimmed Milk 500 ml
- Parsnips 6
- Vegetable Stock Cubes (made up to 1 litre stock) 2
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Chilli flakes
- Bread to Serve
How to make an easy Spicy Parsnip:
- Chop the onion roughly and fry it in the butter with a 1sp of Lazy Garlic for around 12 minutes, or until brown.
- Add the chopped parsnips and stir so that the parsnips are covered.
- Add the vegetable stock and the milk and season.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on.
- Check parsnips are soft. If they are, take half of the soup and blend it into a smooth mixture.
- Take the other half and blend it very briefly (if you prefer a textured soup) so that it is still rough and lumpy.
- Mix the two together, add chilli flakes on top, and serve with bread.