A quick and easy Chinese-style chicken and noodle stir fry recipe.
You can cook up this delicious meal, which will serve two, in less than 20 minutes.
You can make this recipe with whatever vegetables you have to hand. We’ve used peppers and carrots but mushrooms, onions, carrots, green beans, courgette, and/or snow peas will all work great.
- Straight to wok noodles
- 2 small/medium chicken breasts Could also use turkey, beef or pork
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 peppers, deseed and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Chinese five spice
- Pinch of ground ginger Or 1/2 teaspoon of freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey Or a teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 clove of minced garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
How to make Chinese noodle stir fry
- Cut the chicken (or other meat) into thin strips. Season with a good pinch of salt, pepper and Chinese five spice.
- In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, ginger, 1 teaspoon of teaspoon of Chinese five spice, minced garlic, honey (could swap for sugar) and soy sauce. Alternatively you can buy a ready made sauce of your choosing.
- Chop up the vegetables you’re using into thin strips.
- In a wok over a high heat, add in a teaspoon of oil.
- Stir fry the chicken for a few minutes until turning golden. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the vegetables and fry for a further few minutes until beginning to soften – about 5 or so minutes.
- Add back the chicken together with 1/2 the sauce and fry for a futher minute.
- Add in the noddles and the remaining sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through before serving.