A quick, easy and fulfilling meal: Whip out the wok for this spicy stir fry chicken dish.
This lazy peri-peri chicken stir fry makes use of ready to use sauce or seasoning and will take no more than 20 minutes.
Enjoy either on its own or with some spicy rice. The following will make for 2 good servings.
- 1 large chicken breast Cut into strips/diced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons Piri Piri sauce (or more or less to taste) Or other chilli/hot sauce
- Cooking oil
To make piri piri stir fry chicken:
- Cut up the chicken into small strips. You could also use beef or turkey.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of peri peri sauce. You can add more seasoning/sauce to taste.
- Mix the chicken in with the sauce and set aside. If not making immediately, place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, deseed and slice the peppers. Peel and slice the onion into strips.
- Heat a little oil in a wok over a high heat and add the chicken. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until coloured all over.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
- Add in the peppers and onions to the pan and stir fry for three minutes or so until the onions begin to brown.
- Add back the chicken to the pan.
- Add in another tablespoon of the peri-peri sauce and mix everything together. Feel free to add a little more (or less) sauce to taste.
- Cook through for a final minute or until chicken is fully cooked through.