This honey and garlic chicken stir fry makes for a super simple meal.
This easy dinner will serve two with the ingredients below and take little more than 20 minutes from start to finish.
We used chicken thighs but chicken breast will work fine. You can also substitute for other meat – turkey, pork or beef will all work.
Similarly, you can swap the vegetables depending what you have to hand – carrots, broccoli, peppers and mushrooms make good choices.
- 3 chicken thighs or 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Straight to wok noodles (optional) Could serve with rice, etc.
- Salt & pepper (amount to taste)
How to make Easiest Honey & Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Finely chop or mince the garlic cloves. Cut the broccoli into bite-size florets then peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- In a small bowl or a mug, mix together the honey, water, cornflour, sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir in two cloves of the minced/chopped garlic. You can also add in some finely chopped ginger.
- Cut up the chicken into slices or chunks. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Once everything is ready, heat one teaspoon of the vegetable oil over a medium heat and fry the broccoli and carrots for 5 minutes until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil and remaining clove of garlic and turn up the heat to high. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until lightly golden all over – about 3-5 minutes.
- Lower the heat slightly and add back the vegetables together with the honey, garlic & soy sauce mixture.
- Finally, add in the noodles and mix everything together for a final 2 minutes until sauce has thickened.