Go from starving to stuffed with this super quick and super simple beef stir fry recipe.
You can make this recipe with whatever vegetables you have to hand. We’ve used peppers and onions but mushrooms, carrots, green beans, courgette, and/or snow peas will all work great.
Enjoy either alone or with some freshly cooked rice or noodles.
The below ingredients will make for two servings.
- 200-250g Beef Cut into strips/diced (or pre-cut stir fry beef)
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove of chopped garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger Or pinch of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
How to make a simple beef stir fry recipe:
- If not already, cut the beef into small strips and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix two tablespoons of the hoisin sauce, a teaspoon of soy sauce and optionally a teaspoon of honey together.
- Coat the beef in the mixture and set aside.
- Next, prepare the veg you are using. For us, that meant deseeding and slicing the peppers and peeling and slicing up the onions.
- In a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, add a teaspoon of oil. Add the beef strips and fry for 1-2 minutes until just browned.
- Remove the beef and set aside.
- Return the pan to a high heat and add another teaspoon of oil together with the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the onions begin to brown.
- Add back in the beef and add in a tablespoon of hoi sin sauce and teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Mix and stir fry for a final 1-2 minutes or until beef is done to your liking.